Many web site’s traffic are slow to non-existent despite having attractive design and informative content. The problem may be that these sites are not user-friendly which means people find them hard to navigate. If they don’t find easily what they are looking for they will instantly click away.
When the viewers like the site they will engage in actions such as making a purchase or signing up for newsletter etc. Following all these tips are very easy because they are all about using your common sense and keeping it simple. Always put your feet in your potential clients’ shoes and see whether you are satisfied with your site. Does the site load quickly? Does it contain all the relevant information? Is it easy to find relevant information? Does the site reflect the look and feel of the business? Positive answers to all these questions make sure that the site is a user-friendly one.
- The headlines should be attractive conveying a message relevant to the business.
- The images should not be overpowering.
- The text color and size should be readable.
- Use eye-catching captions because people love to go through interesting captions.
- There should be a common menu throughout the site.
- Give importance to text instead of images having texts because search engines can not read texts embedded in images.
- The site should have interactive features including form, blog, forum, glossary, survey etc.
- Include a site map so that it becomes easier for the search engines as well as visitors to find the pages on the site.
- Try to add unique features in your site by checking competitors’ site to find out the features that make them unique.
- Spell check and proof read the content of the site because bad content can leave a negative impression.